Francesca Benitez was born in 1992 in Chiavari, growing up she showed a keen interest in music. When she was 14 years old she started singing privately with the Maestra Cira Di Gennaro.
In 2009 she joined the Music School “Conservatorio Paganini” in Genova, and in 2014 at the age of 21 years old she achived the diploma in opera as a soprano with Maestra Maria Trabucco.
Whilst she was attending the Conservatorio she won the scolarship “Giovanna Mutti” and performed as a soloist in concert with chamber music presented at the singing competition. In addition to performing in concerts as a soloist and with the vocal madrigal group “Vox Antiqua”. She played Jaffet in Noye’s Fludde opera by B. Britten at Palazzo Ducale in Genova, she took part in the choir of Dido and Aeneas opera by H. Purcell staging at the School of fine Arts of Carrara and at the Sala del Colonnato di Palazzo Meridiana in Genova, she played Poppea in “L’incoronazione di Poppea” by C. Monteverdi staging at the Conservatory in Genova and she participated in some chamber music concerts and other performances.
In 2014 she was assistant of the Professor and music critic Roberto Iovino at the Faculty of Scienze della Formazione of Genova and lecturer for the project Historical Theatres in Liguria.
Since 2016 she has applied herself in vocal technique improvement and in the repertory with the soprano of International fame Desirée Rancatore and the soprano Maria Argento.
She debuted at San Carlo Theatre of Naples in 2017 playing the Queen of the Night, Die Zauberflöte, W. A. Mozart, she played the same role at Argentina Theatre in Rome and at Municipal Theater Mario Del Monaco of Treviso. She participated at Memorial Concert “40 anni dopo la Callas” in Sirmione, at the Concert of winners of “Alfredo Giacomotti” competition at Bibiena Theater in Mantova and at Gala Lirico “Fuoco di Gioia” at Teatro Regio in Parma.
Prizes and Masterclasses:
- She won in the 69th edition of AsLiCo the role of Contessa di Folleville in the opera Viaggio a Reims of G. Rossini
- 2nd prize at Magda Olivero international lyric competition 2017
- 2nd prize ex-aequo at international lyric competition 2017 “Valsesia Musica”
- 1st prize at international lyric competition 2017 “Bellano Paese degli Artisti” – Bellano
- Special prizes at international lyric competition 2017 “Città di Iseo – Franco Ghitti” – Iseo
- 2nd prize at international lyric competition 2017 “Marco Koliqi” – Milan
- 1st prize at international lyric competition 2016 “Alfredo Giacomotti” – Voghera
- Masterclass in Sarzana with Katia Ricciarelli, Ernesto Palacio and Fabio Armiliato (prize won in international lyric competition 2017 “Premio Spiros Argiris”)
- Masterclasses in Foligno, Bologna and Palermo in 2016 with Desirée Rancatore